| HI !!! I'm Cassie-----I am still a baby here. You can tell because I still have all my color on my ears...... |
"Coton" is the French word for cotton. And as the name suggests the most notable feature of this breed is there soft fluffy, usually white coat. The fluffy hair covers thin lightly muscled legs. They typically do not weight over 11 pounds full grown. The puppies can be multi-colored when born but as adults they lose nearly all of their color and become white. The skin however will stay speckled or freckled their whole life.
| Hello !! I'm Sam......... This is me when I was a baby..... I have nearly lost all my color on my ears now, because I'm a BIG BOY !! I WEIGH ELEVEN WHOLE POUNDS !! |
The hair of the Coton will continue to grow and can be clipped and groomed to a comfortable length for you to handle. They shed little or no hair making them a hypo-allergenic Breed and a excellent breed for people with allergies.
Grooming should include clipping the hair between their paws and the inner side of their ears to prevent problems later.
Coton's are related to the Bichon Breeds, but they are much smaller. They are gentle, affectionate and alert. They are very sociable and get along well with children and other dogs and animals.
They get very attached to their masters and owners and try very hard to please you and make you happy.
A very alert breed, they make excellent watch-dogs.
They are very intelligent and will learn any tricks you want to teach them. And if you let them they will "out-smart" you.
The Breed Standard for these dogs is;
height 10- 12 inches, or 30 cm
weight 12 to 15 pounds
Cassie is the ESSENCE of a perfect Coton. She only weighs 7 pounds
Sam is also smaller and the perfect Breeder. He weighs 11 pounds---
I AM FULL GROWN !! I'M SAM !!!
The Cotons were originally related the the French Bichons and the Italian Bolognese. And it is believed that the breed arrived in Madagascar with the French Troops or with the administrators that followed after the War.
The Coton de Tulear was favored as a companion of the wealthy land ownerS of Tulear in southern Madagascar, where it continued to be bred but in smaller and smaller numbers until the present day. Due to lack of interest in the Breed, Coton's nearly became extinct, until reintroduced to Europe and America around 1973 and recognized by the FCI in 1970.
The original Breed can be traced back nearly 1000 years.
This Breed is still rare and only in the last 20 years has it again become popular with the rich in the USA.
The Coton is honored as the "Official Dog of Madagascar" on a postage stamp in 1974.
| Sam is on the left and Cassie is on the right. This is us at 7 months of age. Aren't we a cute couple? |
Because we currently live in Panama and there are a lot of bugs and fungus problems in a jungle, so we keep them clipped very short and washed.
Notice that "Sam's" ears are now very light brown. They started out nearly chocolate, but have faded to light. This is just as it should be.
Both Cassie and Sam have had all of their shots and regular worming. They are in excellent health.
Cassie is pregnant and will have babies on or near April 19th, 2014.
Coton females typically have 3 to 6 babies per litter.
I am selling this breeding pair for $4,700.00
This is an investment that will continue to pay and pay.
Please do research about this breed before you call me.
Gail Murphy 850-308-5060 (skype)
6573-6822 (panama cell)
fourmurfs@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment